If you want Beach Chalet renovated, show up at Richmond Rec Center next Monday at 6:30 PM and say so. Please see the below email:
From: Allie Herson - Barbary Coast Consulting [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:38 PM
Subject: Support City Fields on Monday, Sept. 19
Dear Friends of City Fields:
Apologies for the mass email but time is of the essence. Last night at a mayoral forum, opponents to the Beach Chalet athletic field renovations came out in full force – and filled with misinformation. They tried to pressure the candidates for mayor to oppose the field improvements that increase playtime by 9,582 hours a year. At the next forum, we need to match their presence with our positive message, and make sure the candidates for Mayor know that there are thousands upon thousands of San Franciscans who support playfield improvements.
We need you to join us at the next mayoral debate in the Richmond on Monday, Sept. 19 to counter the naysayers with a positive voice for the project. Now is the time to help! Please join us for refreshments and appetizers before the meeting so we can gather together as one community and discuss our strategy, so we can fully demonstrate the great support for Beach Chalet.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Hard Knox Café
2448 Clement St, between 25th and 26th Ave., San Francisco
After discussing our plan, we will all walk over to the debate – at the Richmond Recreation Center, 251 18th Avenue between California and Clement Streets – to provide a counter presence before the debate begins at 6:30pm. Please come with questions prepared and ready to submit about playfields, Beach Chalet, and keeping families in San Francisco. We must call out the problem that San Francisco does not have enough playfields to meet the current demand, and find out what candidates plan to do about it.
Please, spread this message to your friends, teammates, coaches, teachers, coworkers, family – post on your Facebook page, forward this email, and make a few phone calls. If we can each bring two or three people with us, imagine the impact we can make. If you are a member or parent of a team, be sure to wear your uniform so we can easily be recognized as one unified athletic community!
Please respond to this email or to email@example.com with your RSVP and any questions.
Speaking of fields, the following teams/games need to be rescheduled and these are the only times available. Please confirm with your opposing team and let Mr. Guzman know right away.
dates open: 10/22, 10/23, 10/30, 11/13,
Mission SF Chivas Rayadas
West Valley Spartans 95
Mission SF Chivas Utd 4KG
MRFC AC Milan
Mission SF Green 98
MVLA Pythons Blue
Mission SF Chivas 93
Mission SF Chivas-Falcons
Mission SF Atletico Barza
Coaches and Managers,
1. Immediately after the game, as you go to shake the referee's hand and thank them, GET YOUR PASSES BACK. If you forget, they'll get turned into the Vikings office, where you will have to pick them up during office hours mid-week, which is a hassle.
2. Our programmer is almost done creating a new automated standings system. In the meantime, you can at least see last week's game scores posted here. Reviewing the reports from the three referees, there are occasional inconsistencies; the Center Ref (who is the official scorer) might have it 3-2, but a line judge 3-1 or 2-2. When those come up, we look to the Coach Reports to clarify. Which stresses the importance of item 3.
3. Report scores here by Sunday evening. A lot of teams still did not file a game report, which meant the opposing team's take on the game was the only official one. On some teams, it could be that your manager thinks the coach will file it, while the coach thinks the manager will file it. Please communicate and determine who on your team will file the Coach Report each week.
4. Much better maps of Crocker and the Polo Fields are now on our site, for you and your parents finding your field. For U10s and U11s at Crocker, when your spectators sit on the southern endline concrete bench, please tell them to sit outside the penalty box. Not only do they have to avoid sitting behind the goal itself, but avoid sitting anywhere behind the penalty box. Please remind them of this.
5. Temporarily this week, the Girls U11 schedule went haywire, but it's been restored. All your games this Saturday have no changes. But there are changes for the week of October 8th and November 12th, as we needed to accommodate Yom Kippur bye requests on 10/8.
In general we are still working on several future weeks, such as Halloween weekend where some teams now expect to be at tourneys, or the SSAT dates for the eighth-graders on 10/15 and 11/12. So some of you will still get emails from me trying to make changes to help these teams out.
Soccer website of the week: It was Champions League throughout Europe this week, with both Barcelona and Inter in surprising results. This UEFA website has amazing stats. If you click on a game's TPD column, it presents data on passes between every player combination.
Have great games this weekend!
Po Bronson & Norman Ferrer
VPs, Upper House
CYSA-CAL Soccer League http://www.calsoccerleague.org/
CCSL – Bay and Coast Div https://ccsl.gotsport.com/clubsite/?p=1354
San Francisco Vikings http://www.sfvikings.com/
Jose Guzman, League Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org