2773 21st Street Tel (415) 968-3017
Fax (415) 282-7501
Monday - Friday 9am to 1pm
MYSL Update - May 1, 2011
(CYSA) will be hosting the 2012 US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup National Championships at Cherry Island.
Here is the elgibility for Presidents Cup.
A. CYSA Presidents Cup competitions are open to any Under-10 through Under-17 CYSA registered team that was not a CYSA State Cup quarter-finalist in the U11-U17 age group the previous season and which has 50% of the rostered players returning to the team in the current season, so long as such team is in good standing at the time of entry and remains in good standing during the competition.
B. Any team that participates in an Under-8 or younger playing league may not enter the CYSA Presidents Cup.
C. A team or player may play in only one (1) CYSA Cup competition within the same current seasonal year. (i.e. a team or player may not play in CYSA Presidents Cup and in the CYSA State Cup, CYSA Association Cup or CYSA Founders’ Cup)
~MYSL Summer League
Here is a list of teams that are going to play summer 2011 - if you are not going to play let Mr. Guzman know asap. He needs this information right away because he has to give the lsit to Rec and Park. If any teams are missing from the list, please let Mr. Guzman know. Also, let him know if you will have more than one team.
We have changed the max to be 15 players
Our flyer is attached. Please tell your teams that they should be passing them out and spreading the word
7 on 7 girls div. all games to be played at crocker # 1 - 9am to 5pm - satuardays
u-10 - chivas mornarcas, jamestown, sf viking revolution, sf viking aftershocks,
u-12 - jamestown,
u-14 - chivas 96, jamestown, united girls,
u-16 - jamestown, revolution,
u-18 - jamestown, chivas 91, chivas 92,
boys regular #'s like spring and fall on the field
u-8 - real sf u-7, chivas 2003 u-7, realsf 02, chivas jrs, eagles, revolution, sf viking fireballs / boca, jamestown,
u-10 - jamestown u-9, jamestown little men, chivas 2001 u-9, real sf 2001 u-9, white 2000, green 2000,
u-12 - jamestown, alianza, white 99 u-11, green 99 u-11, white 98, green 98, united u-11,
u-14 - bay city 97 u-13, chivas usa u-13, ssf barza u-13, rebel rams, united sporting, jamestown, chivas - falcons,
1. JAMBOREE & TOURNAMENTS:
At our board meeting, we decided not to host a Jamboree the first weekend of June. The sentiment among teams was, a jamboree is fun when we get to play teams from outside the city, not just play the same UH teams again. But it was hard to recruit teams from outside the city on the same weekend as the D2 Cup. However:
- There is a 7 v 7 Jamboree we can highly recommend in Berkeley at the Gilman Soccer Complex on Memorial Day Weekend. It's only $200 per team and uses summer league rules. There is a Class 3 division. You can go with your UH team or build a jamboree team with players from various teams, as long as they have a valid player card. It's hosted by the El Cerrito Futbol Club. You can download the team application packet here: http://elcerritofc.com/
- Next spring, we intend to help transform the SF Cup on Memorial Weekend into a tournament that has a Class 3 division. Currently and historically, it has been an Open tournament. There are almost no Class 3 tournaments in the spring season, across NorCal, so we'd like to make one happen that draws Class 3 teams here.
2. GRADUATING TEAMS CAN TRAVEL - REGISTER NOW
If you didn't see Stuart Berkowitz's email this week, here's the highlights. SF Rec & Park's new policy allows teams that graduate from Upper House after their U14 year to play in the CCSL Travel league for U15 and onwards into high school. Vikings League will register your team. Current U14 teams who are interested in this for Fall, please contact the Vikings office and/or Stuart immediately. And if you're not interested, then at least let your families and players know this is an option if they join another team. For younger teams, please know this is in the cards for your future. Meanwhile, we are also looking at ways to improve Rec soccer opportunities for high school aged players in the city as well.
3. FALL UPPER HOUSE FORECAST
Based on registration data, fall looks very good for Upper House, with more teams than ever, and for the first time we'll even be having Marin teams come into the league. The U10 divisions will have more teams than ever before, showing that as the word has gotten out, the league is getting ever stronger year by year.
4. SOME TEAMS STILL NEED PLAYERS FOR FALL ROSTERS
If you had too many players at your tryouts, you can help them out by referring them to this page of our website where they can see other teams in need of players: http://www.sfvikings.com/upper/uh.htm
5. Lastly, please report scores on the Vikings website. We have had delays in posting game scores, and we will do better, but we need teams to report scores as well, to get that data in. While spring leagues don't publish standings, we still get a lot of requests to see scores posted, and we need your help.
So far we have had zero significant disciplinary matters this spring, which suggests that for the most part, the run of play has been fair, and neither coaches nor parents have lost their cool. We really appreciate that. Let's try to keep that clean sheet for the second half of the season.
I wanted to extend an invitation to you for our Beach Soccer Tournament in Santa Cruz. I am a few weeks from closing down registration and wanted to offer you an opportunity to you and any of the teams you are associated with. I would be willing to give any team coming from you $100.00 off of the $510.00 entry fee for the June 4th $ 5th event. In particularly we are looking for any of the following:
2 Adult Co-ed Teams
5 Men's Teams (some in works)
3 U17-U19 Boys
If this works for any of your teams, please let me know. I would be happy to accomodate them.